I have arrived safely in what I am affectionately calling the North Pole. Although, admittedly, it's not quite as cold as the North Pole...if we're being honest...
I wanted to have some way fun traveling story to tell you, but really, I've got nothing. In fact, I had no trouble at all getting here. I flew on all the right flights, arrived with all my luggage (guitar included) and breezed through customs. As much as I love good stories, I am way for more thankful for the easy ride...
Now for the fun part.
Top 5 things I like about the city so far (in not particular order):
-The magic Jedi hand pedestrians use to stop traffic. Traffic here is pretty crazy, so, that really is pretty impressive. Maybe one day I'll make it from Padawan to Jedi...insha'allah...
- Snackan Ass...best schwarma in town. Way yummy and relatively cheap.
- Really, really pretty views...especially, from the roof of our new apt!
- Music in taxis including "Fame", "Lady in Red", "We are the World". Also, rumor has it Lady Gaga and Akon are where it's at around here, but I have yet to hear something so recent...truth be told, the current selection actually makes me a little happy.
- Consistently concerned people about my ability to survive here without the language. We (well, my teammates) tell them I'm learning, but some of that still aren't satisfied. I, however, am happy I at least am getting greetings. Small victories.
Love to y'all.
More next time.
CT